5 Flow sessions for grit: The mindset to stick to your resolutions
Download Flow Lab
Flow Lab is your AI-powered mental fitness app that helps you experience the highly productive Flow State more often. So get your 7-day free trial and train your mind with science-backed guided and personalized meditations:
This is not the time to throw in the towel! Adopt a gritty mindset and keep pushing forward to reach your goals with our Flow sessions WOOP, Eyes on the Prize, The Struggle, Embrace the Suck and The Long Haul.
Flow follows persistence
After the first few weeks of the year, many people already drop their New Year’s resolutions again. The initial motivation fades away and we’re falling into old patterns. But it’s exactly these moments where you need to keep going!
Did you know that a “Struggle Phase” often precedes Flow States? According to the “Flow Cycle”, it may feel as if having to fight the uphill battle first. But once you grit your teeth and push past this phase, you’ll pave the way for Flow! In fact, persistence has been found to be one main characteristic of the autotelic personality – so people with traits that help them regularly get in the zone (Dwight et al., 2018). Also, grit has been found to correlate positively with Flow states (Smith et al., 2020). The key is to adopt the right mindset and be able to regulate your thoughts and emotions.
Adopt a gritty mindset and keep the ball rolling
Train your mind to adopt a growth mindset, build resilience and develop motivation and endurance for your journey towards your personal goals! Our Flow Sessions will guide you through the process. For example, check out …
– WOOP: Adopt a solution-focused mindset and strengthen your realistic optimism to prepare yourself for the goal pursuit.
– The Struggle: Some beginnings feel like a pretty rocky road. Train a gritty mindset to push past this phase.
– Embrace the Suck: In this session, you’ll learn to become comfortable with uncomfortable emotions – an indispensable skill for Flow.
– Eyes on the Prize: Learn to resist the temptation of instant gratification so you can fully commit yourself to more long-term and important goals.
– The Long Haul: Stay focused and enjoy the process by recognizing the small steps that bring you closer to your goal.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit”, as Aristotle once said. Or how we at Flow Lab put it: “We are what we repeatedly do, think and feel. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit”. It’s also the mental and emotional habits that we are building that matter for our performance and goal pursuit.
Now is the perfect time to build your mental fitness routine. So go ahead and #bestyourself!